Kansas Municipal Jobs
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. Applications and a complete job description are available at the City of Russell or at www.russellcity.org ● 133 W. 8th St. ● P.O. Box 112 ● Phone 785.483.6311 ● Fax 785.483.4397. To be considered for this position, please submit a current application. This positon is open until filled. EEO/ADA
Position requirements and standards for initial consideration include the following:
• Education consisting of a college degree in finance, accounting, public administration, human resources or a related field. Prior years’ experience in related work or fields may be considered as a satisfactory substitute for educational requirements.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with computers including various software programs
• Previous supervisory experience of at least 3 years.
• Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen, background check, and physical testing
• Must be a resident within the corporate city limits of Halstead or willing to relocate within 6 months of accepting the position
Submit cover letter, resume, and references by April 28, 2017, to:
Halstead City Hall
Attn: City Administrator
303 Main Street
Halstead, KS 67056
or apply online via www.hrepartners.com. Position is open until filled. Beginning salary will depend on qualifications. The City of Halstead is an EOE.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
• Two years’ work experience in paralegal, court or local municipality;
• Proficiency working with computers in a Windows environment.
• Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel and Access skills.
• Exceptional phone skills and customer service skills.
• Must be detail oriented.
Qualified applicants may apply at Merriam City Hall at (9001 W. 62nd St., Merriam, KS 66202) Mon. – Fri. from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Applications can be downloaded on-line at www.merriam.org or by calling 913-322-5500. Resumes are acceptable in addition to the application. Applications may be submitted in person, by fax 913-322-5505 or by mail to:
City of Merriam, Attn: Human Resources
9001 W 62nd Street
Merriam, KS 66202-2815
Pay Range: Non-exempt $18.63 to 24.21 per hour
Posted: November 4, 2016
Closes: Posted until filled
The City of Newton is recruiting for a Police Officer(s) position. The Police Officer performs
duties in the protection of life and property and the preservation of order in the City of Newton.
The employee in this position enforces all federal, state and local laws in accordance with
departmental rules and regulations. Patrol duties include enforcing traffic laws, investigation of
crimes and accidents, and providing public assistance. This employee will be required to exercise
initiative and discretion when faced with emergency conditions. The Police Officer will be
required to work rotating shifts, holidays, weekends and special events as assigned. This work
involves an element of personal danger.
Experience: Prior law enforcement experience and KLETC or recognized certification from
another state is highly preferred but not required.
Education: High School diploma or GED. Possession of a valid driver’s license is mandatory.
Must be 21 years of age and able to pass a criminal background check and a polygraph. Upon
conditional offer of employment must be able to pass a drug screen and a physical.
The City of Newton offers a competitive salary and fringe benefits including health insurance,
life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, 10.5 holidays, and this position has KP&F
retirement. Applications accepted until filled.
Submit application at www.hrepartners.com
Full job description at www.newtonkansas.com
The City of Newton is an EEO/ADAA employer
A. Education/Experience: Graduation from a four-year college or university with a Degree in Public Administration, Human Resources, Business Mgt or a closely related field. Also two years of practical experience in municipal HR or closely related field.
B. Necessary Knowledge, Skills and abilities: A. Considerable knowledge of modern policies and practices of public personnel administration and personnel law; thorough knowledge of employee compensation, benefits, budgetary practices, risk management, and safety practices. B. Skill in preparing and administering municipal budgets; planning, directing, and administering personnel programs and systems; C. Ability to: prepare and analyze comprehensive reports; carry out assigned projects to their completion; communicate effectively verbally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, City officials, labor unions and the general public; and efficiently and effectively administer a personnel system
This position requires a valid driver’s license, must pass an extensive background check and strive in providing excellent service to the public.
APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED ON-LINE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
Application link available at www.junctioncity-ks.gov on the
“How Do I?” page or at www.hrepartners.com
Please contact Human Resources @ 785.238.3103
The City of Junction City is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
|FULL-TIME OPPORTUNITIES||DATE POSTED||APPLICATION DEADLINE|
|Police Dispatcher I||02/01/2017||Until Filled|
|Facility Maintenance Technician I||01/25/2016||Until Filled|
|Park Maintenance Worker- Landscape Division||03/03/2017||Until Filled|
|Recreation Center Facilities Maintenance Technician||03/15/2017||Until Filled|
|Park Maintenance Crew Leader||03/15/2017||Until Filled|
|PART-TIME OPPORTUNITIES||DATE POSTED||APPLICATION DEADLINE|
|Part-time Recreation Program Instructor-Dance||10/10/2016||Until Filled|
|Pool Manager-Indoor Pool||10/31/2016||Until Filled|
|Lifeguard-Indoor Pool||10/31/2016||Until Filled|
|SUMMER 2017 OPPORTUNITIES||DATE POSTED||APPLICATION DEADLINE|
|Swim and Dive Lesson Instructors-Outdoor Pools||10/31/2016||Until Filled|
|Swim and Dive Team Assistant Coaches||10/31/2016||Until Filled|
|SEASONAL 2017 OPPORTUNITIES||DATE POSTED||APPLICATION DEADLINE|
|Park Maintenance Worker-Landscape Division||03/03/2017||Until Filled|
|Park Maintenance Worker-Turf Division||03/03/2017||Until Filled|
|Park Maintenance Worker-Facilities Division||03/03/2017||Until Filled|
- Seasonal Grounds Maintenance
- The City of Augusta is accepting applications for seasonal labor for summer 2017. Positions available include Grounds Maintenance in the Parks, Cemetery, and at Santa Fe Lake. Must be 18 years of age or older. The City of Augusta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Click here to view complete listings and to apply.
- Seasonal Lifeguard
- The City of Augusta is accepting applications for Lifeguards for summer 2017. Must be 16 years of age or older, have or be willing to obtain American Red Cross Lifeguard certification as well as First Aid and CPR certification to apply. Flexible schedule available. This is a great opportunity for High School and College Students as well as Teachers and Paras looking for a summertime gig. The City of Augusta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Click here for a full job description and to apply.
- Cemetery Sexton (Full-Time)
- The City of Augusta is accepting applications for a Cemetery Sexton to provide general maintenance and upkeep of Elmwood Cemetery, provide responsive customer service to families, funeral homes and monument companies and assist with all aspects of cemetery services. The City of Augusta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To view a complete job description and to apply, click here.
- 911 Dispatcher (Full-Time)
- The City of Augusta is accepting applications for a 911 Dispatcher to perform regular dispatching duties that include receiving and transmitting emergency radio and telephone calls and dispatching emergency personnel and equipment under stressful situations. The City of Augusta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about this position and to apply, click here.
- Street Laborer (Full-Time)
- The City of Augusta is accepting applications for a Street Laborer to provide semi-skilled and un-skilled labor and equipment operation in the areas of street maintenance. The City of Augusta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about this position and to apply, click here.
- Water Distribution Trainee (Full-Time)
- The City of Augusta is accepting applications for a Water Distribution Operator Trainee to assist in maintaining the City’s water distribution system. The City of Augusta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about this position and to apply, click here.
- Water Plant Operator Trainee (Full-Time)
- The City of Augusta is accepting applications for a Water Plant Operator Trainee to provide maintenance of the water plant and complete sampling and testing requirements for reporting. The City of Augusta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about this position and to apply, click here.
This position is responsible for maintaining city finances, responding to citizen concerns and complaints, preparing and maintaining minutes, ordinances, resolutions, preparing and monitoring the annual budget, performing the duties of municipal court clerk, and the enforcement of zoning regulations. This employee should possess excellent supervisory, organizational, public relations, and communication skills. This is a full-time position with benefits. Salary negotiated based on qualifications and experience. Position remains open until filled. Send resume with 3 references, to the City of St. John, PO Box 367, St. John, KS 67576 or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. The City of St. John is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants should contact Ronda Brumbaugh at the Merriam Police Dept., 9010 W. 62nd Street, Merriam, KS 66202, at 913-322-5560, between 8:00AM and 4:00 PM to schedule a testing time for: TUESDAY MARCH 7TH AT 5:30PM, WEDNESDAY MARCH 8TH AT 5:30PM, OR THURSDAY MARCH 9TH AT 2:00PM.
A completed Personal History Statement must be submitted in person at the Merriam Police Department, 9010 W 62nd Street, Merriam, KS 66202, at your scheduled testing date.
Applications will not be accepted until the test has been taken and passed.
Further information available at www.merriam.org and the Merriam Police Department Facebook page.
EOE/ADA/Drug Screen – The City of Merriam does conduct background checks/investigations.
• Must be 21 or older;
• Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record;
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent;
• Must be in good physical condition;
• Must be able to touch type a minimum of 25 wpm;
• Must have a good criminal record free of any serious traffic,
misdemeanor or felony convictions.
If reasonable accommodation is necessary to schedule testing or further information is needed contact Captain Troy Duvanel at 913 322-5567 between the hours of 8:00AM and 4:30PM M-F.