Codification of ordinances provides a logically organized code of law for a more efficient administration of governmental affairs and ease of use by constituents. Placing the municipal code on the Internet means that government employees and citizens will have access to the latest information available. Citycode will develop a comprehensive code for your city or county, including organization and modernization of existing ordinances and resolutions.
Easily browse your code
Looking at your code online is much easier than flipping through a paper code – which we also provide – and it’s more up-to-date.
- Go to your code on the web.
- Table of contents is on the left.
- Click on a topic and it appears on the right.
- Try it: baldwincity.citycode.net.
Search your city code
Don’t bother flipping through hundreds of printed pages. Instantly find what you’re looking for using the online code’s built-in search feature.
- Type the word you’re looking for.
- Hit the “Enter” button (or click “Search”).
- Relevant code sections appear on the left.
- The search term is highlighted in yellow.
Your online code is immediately updated after adopting a new ordinance. And, the printed code is updated with annual supplements.
- Email new ordinances to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The online code is updated immediately.
- Codebooks receive annual supplements.
- Never be lost in a pile of ordinances again.
How It Works